Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'm on my back screaming "49 DAYS!"

In 49 days time Nicole and I will say I do.
Today I feel happy.

Watching a C'mon Aussie four set victory has made me consider ways blokes show emotion.

Lleyton Hewitt he wears the little Aussie Battler tag when he walks on the tennis court. He shows anger, passion, excitement, courage. Yet after last night's celebrations when he won he'll get pasted on social networks for overdoing his celebration for a 3rd round win.
I think Lleyton has surprised himself in this tournament, if he wins his next match the whole nation will be on their backs celebrating. In fact the flat on your back scream would become a nationwide craze known as 'doing the Lleyton'.
The tennis court is different to life, but it's important men show emotion. 
On the day when we say I do, I won't be rejoicing screaming in joy on my back in front of guests, but I will be sharing genuine emotion on the day. For me, making that commitment is in fact more than a simple ceremony of love, it's a massive pledge you'll be open and honest.  
Communication and sharing emotion, I haven't been married before, but I'm tipping that will help Nicole and I to a happy life. 
Thing is a lot of men in this world bottle things up, more due to pride I guess, but also fear. It's important to be open, and share your voice. Important on an individual level, but especially in a relationship.
And while we've been planning this wedding, if I hadn't shared my thoughts along the way, well the wedding wouldn't be what it will be. We've got a main menu with an online vote for guests, a tiny Hawthorn twist somewhere on the night, and a day n night to remember forever.
It's all come along for Nicole and I by having no fear in sharing our thoughts to how we see our big day. 
C'MON!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment