Wednesday, January 25, 2012

46 Days - Cash Drop

It's 46 days until Nicole and i say I DO
Today I felt sick


Sick in the guts as I hit Confirm transfer funds for the payment of our European trip after the wedding.
Never before have i committed so much cash to one single event in my life. I've always wished/joked/dreamed to bet 7k plus on a horse race before, but at least with this payment today I'm guaranteed a return.


We've done well on the saving front, I know certain people who may've been getting married once before and hadn't even booked a flight on their honeymoon at this stage. 
We've done it. 
Flights, Accommodation, tours, Car hire, train travel....we've locked and loaded it today. Very exciting times. All paid.
And when I told Sally Tobing down at Westminster Travel in Richmond - lets pay this sucker, she was just as excited. And why not, we're going on the holiday of a lifetime with the best blocked in brick wall views in the world. Well you'd hope we get some scenic views, I'm sure Sally will hook us up. In fact she has. It's all good.


Fact it is, we've saved so hard for this day, it's just freaken awesome it's getting close to the time for our friends and family to actually live the day.
Black Caviar does run this Friday night though - so please quietly watch that race with me and imagine you had 7 large on her. Even when she wins her 17th straight, for the return we'll get on our O.S trip, I still think we'll get better value on our investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment