Saturday, January 28, 2012

42 days - Thats like 6 weeks

It's 42 days until Nicole and i say I DO
Today I feel my age


That's what the morning after turning back time will do to you. We had Ben and Sarah over last night, and as all good dinner parties go, we ended up doing the hour of power. Of course. 
This is a ritual Ben and I made famous back when we lived in Albury and here on the Sunshine Coast. 
60 beers shots in 60 minutes. We smashed it, well one of us did. I've still got it. Lets just say that. For all links to the event, ask Ben. I go hazy at about shot 35. While this will seem weird, what I loved most as we turned back time, was Nicole's involvement. She was on the clock, counting each minute down as we prepared each beer shot. Good times. Good future wife. 
Responsible? yeah not really, but a whole lot of fun.  
As I write this, 2nd coffee and berocca in hand, Nicole sits by me and we seriously cannot believe that in just 6 weeks we'll have enjoyed the real hour of power and tied the knot. (N.B Ceremony will not go for an hour, that would suck) Like last night, it's going to be an awesome reunion of sorts. People traveling far and wide to be there for the day. It's quite incredible how people do that, make such an effort to join the celebration. It's humbling.
So as we enter our 5th last sunday before march 10, today we need to check that list off a bit more. Officially must re-begin writing vows. Yes re-begin! The "Shakespeare gold" I'd started on was in my phone. And of course as it turns out, my iPhone died this week, and I lost data back to October last year. Dickhead for not backing it up, but it's a good way to de-hoard actually. Those words I'd crafted were something I didn't want to lose. But really, they mustn't have been the ones. Otherwise I'd have properly saved them. 
Blank page now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment