Sunday, January 22, 2012

48 days - The ingredient for Vows

It's now 48 days until Nicole and I say I Do.
Today I feel energized.

We received draft 2 of the ceremony back from the celebrant over the weekend. Yep there's drafts apparently. So this week, it's  vow writing time. Nicole isn't looking forward to this process because I'm the "writer" of the duo.
But is there pressure on what you say when you do vows? Pressure on how you write them? Like is this gear meant to be Shakespeare? Am I meant to write better vows, 'cos I write for a living? Unless it's in the form a 30 second radio script - then I hope not.
I think on the day what ever we say will be awesome. The thing is though, how do you brainstorm up vows....sit in a room with incense burning, Enya on in the background, and then hold hands and talk about your feelings?
I don't think that's the answer. Actually it's 100% not the answer, but what is? 
We deliberately didn't want to use the ones out of the book they supply. We've quickly gathered it's a pretty huge thing trying to write them for yourself. It's affirmation of the largest kind. How often do you actually stop to think about how important a person is to you, and how much you love and value them?
It's not something you sit down and do deliberately very often is it? 
Can you say thanks for letting me watch horse racing most weekends and having a separate gambling "budget"? 
Probably not. I think I need to try and work out what that translates to, then I could be on the right track.
Speaking of tracks, they race at Flemington the day of the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment