Friday, February 24, 2012

15 days - on the relaxed track

It's 15 days until Nic and I say I DO
Today I feel back on track


This morning I've struggled through a 5km run, my first real exercise since pre Bux Caviar day. On the routine I'd been used to the last 6 months, taking 2 weeks off is a freaken long time. This morning the run felt like I had razors in my lungs, and now my calves have mini samurai swords in them. It just proves how quickly we can fall off track. 
Furthermore, Nicole has just got back from her swim at the local pool this morning. 
She says to me in her forever funny tone  "Pal, you need to take a good look at this" (indicating to her in shape figure)......"because from what I saw this morning it all goes away in years to come, there was a lot of old lady boobs down there, and I mean down at their knees!"
She'd just witnessed a water exercise class for the elderly.
Inspiring stuff?
For now - yep! 
So today I get back on track. Back on track to achieving everything to make sure our goal, of an awesome wedding day, will be done. This time next weekend, we are on a flight to Melbourne. It's so close. I'm really looking forward to that week off in the lead up. Just a damn good time to unwind.  
I'll be watching the footy with hawks mates Sat'day afternoon as Nic is off on a hen situation with her closest friends and family. Have one last roll at the lanes with the BAP City Rollers on the Wednesday night. Pick up the suits and dine at Pizza Religion the Thursday Night.
Whatever happens the other days, no stress, and that's just perfect. 
By the Saturday - with everything on track, I'll be as relaxed as I possibly can be.
Roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment