Wednesday, February 15, 2012

24 days - The Fonz



It's 24 days until Nic and I say I DO
Today I feel another day older

It's my birthday today, the 16th of Feb. As the story goes, 34 years ago today,  my brothers and sister were being babysat by my Grandmother, they received the phone call of my arrival at home. (On the landline of course, and probably one of those old turtle green igloo shaped phones where you had put your finger in the hole to dial a number)  They were knee deep in a Happy Days episode. The one where Fonzie jumps the shark. For them Fonzie jumping the shark didn't signify the day Happy Days died as a show, but represented the moment I was born. A little bit of irony considering the shark jump catchphrase has become synonymous with TV shows that are in decline and on death row. Packed to The Rafters might be getting close to that, but that's a whole other debate. What have I given my two brothers and sister in those years.....a whole lot of grief, laughs, joy, and annoying little brother moments I hope. In a few weeks, they get share what will be the best day of my life and finest moment to date. We've been through a lot to get to this day.
I'll be the last one to get married in our family, the venue is right near where Mum grew up and where we have spent many family gatherings. You could say, for many of us, it will be a full circle moment me getting married out there in Seville, 5 minutes from the Gruyere Spence property. 
Life will change as this next phase begins after March 10. It's about living life for someone else, not just yourself.
Before we get there though, please sit back and watch this piece of TV glory/crap/awkwardness.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment