Tuesday, February 7, 2012

33 Days - Disco 2000 or Common People?

It's 33 days until Nicole and I say I DO
Today I fee like Pulp

Not Pulp as in energy or motivation, I feel great on that front. I'm currently developing a real man crush on the band Pulp. Which I have left way too late considering they're winding up. We saw them at Splendor in the Grass last year in a 'farewell' concert. The lads (Baptown) who will playing some live tunes as we enjoy canapes and wine from the vines on March 10, can play two Pulp tracks for us and I'm debating which one to request. Disco 2000 is a great song, and Common People is legendary. Time will tell. Maybe both. Actually probably not both, that's excessive. But I do know that when I grow up I wanna live with common people. We're all common people. Just how do you know when you've grown up. People could debate this for years. My brother's son had his first day at school the other day, does that mean he's all grown up or is it a moment of growth? A rhetorical question for both Raf and my brother Dave.
My sister Clare has just taken in an exchange student from Germany in the last week. An incredible responsibility on her behalf. But for her family a time to experience something unique in life, and grow from it.
I'm getting married soon, does that mean I am all grown up? 
No way.
It is though a grown up moment a couple of kids will share pledging their life's journey to one another, to learn and grow along the way.
First stop on this learning tour is Spain. 35 days till we're on that plane and we can't wait. Especially the language barrier part, that's gonna be fun. No really. It will. Common People will be my first request to a Spanish DJ in Barcelona, let's see how far that one gets us. We'll be starting from zero on the lingual front and that's going to be a crack up.
Finally another jigsaw piece fell into place today. The stickers arrived for our bonbonerie. It will fill the room with an interesting aroma that's for sure. Wine, Food, and ....well....we won't reveal it now. 

 N.B: For those playing at home. After a recent post, it must be made transparent that I did not consume 60 beers in 60 minutes the other week. 30 mil nips is what happens in an hour of power. Not sure even Jarvis from Pulp could manage that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment